Friday, May 4, 2012

125!!!! SUPER MOON... almost...

According to U.S. clocks, May 5, 2012 features the closest and largest full moon of this year. Calendars say May 6, by the way, for this same close full moon as seen from Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. We astronomers call this sort of close full moon a perigee full moon. The word perigee describes the moon’s closest point to Earth for a given month. But last year, when the closest and largest full moon occurred on March 19, 2011, many used a term we’d never heard: supermoon. We’ll probably hear that term again at this 2012 close full moon.

so, since tomorrow is supposed to be something that special... I got out my camera and experimented tonight with what settings I needed to have my camera on!! These are a few shots I got tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment