Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lynyrd Skynyrd !!! for Saturday Feb 11 th

Long story short, I have been a die hard Lynyrd Skynyrd fan, since I could remember. Early tweens, lets put it that way. Dad took me to their concert when I was a sophomore in high school. My favorite song became Free Bird after seeing them play it live for one of the first times. I even have Free Bird engraved on my class ring. Mom said you don't want anything else engraved on your ring? You want Free Bird. Are you sure? LOL. I told her it was bad enough I had to get my initials as part of the deal too, my initials are H.E.L. Anyways... when Bert and I first got together and were swapping concert tee shirts, we had the same one! The Lynyrd Skynyrd ZZ TOP concert. He went with his ex wife for his birthday... LOL. My first concert EVER! So, we made a pact. If Lynyrd Skynyrd ever came to the Hard Rock on or around his birthday, I would take him and we would go with my parents! And this we did last night and had a blast! Mom even came up and started balling with me when they played Free Bird. She even called me her little Free Bird walking out of the concert room. It was a night enjoyed by all!! Oh and the best thing, I got two set lists!!!
PS Sorry for the silly cell phone cheesy photos!! I knew I should have brought my real cameras with me!! But I didn't want to chance getting in trouble at the Hard Rock! Some concerts don't allow concert photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment