Apologizing in advance, this will be a long blog! Shared some ideas for and towards my mission statement! Hope you don't mind!
Day four was spent still in bed taking advil and airborne. I heard that this stomach virus was terrible, lasting longer than two weeks, however, mine just lasted 24 hours! Why? I think I have to give the credit to the fact that I have been taking airborne chew tablets on a regular basis.
I will have to say, Ms Socks was great company! She helped me write my mission statement! I've become an avid blog reader of Gala Darling. I took the challenge by her to write a mission statement for yourself. So, even though I spent today in bed, I was a girl on a mission, to write a mission statement. As you can see... I didn't get very far today on the mission statement! The mission statement is supposed to be about self love. I was being more of a "hard on myself" because I'm sick statement. However, writing a mission for yourself when your sick isn't a easy task. I found myself being harder on myself! WOW, shocker! Lets put the pad and pen down and wait till I'm well to write that mission statement!
Also, my friend Kyla and I are challenging ourselves to try and use both of our cameras every day! So, the first photo on the trip-tech was taken with my Canon Rebel and the last two were taken with my Mark 5D. I feel like at times because I love love love my Mark D that, my rebel is often left out. My poor rebel! Kinda like sitting there on my computer desk as the rebel without a cause because I no longer take many photos with it! So, the rebel got to come out today! WHOO HOOO!
Oh I guess I can add these ten things about myself I'm trying to include in my mission statement :::
1) <3 I am at my best when I'm taking upon challenges and projects that allow my creativity to escape!
2) <3 I am at my worst when I get frustrated too easily. I need to always remember the think outside the box theme, " when you think outside the box, it removes stress, anxiety, ect ect..." this goes for any life activity!
3) <3 What do I really love to do at work? That's easy. My only current job is photography. I love to take photos while working! c= I don't call it a job, because I love what I do!
4) <3 My natural talents & God given gifts are, photography, creating and being crafty with my hands, that includes writing creative stories! Talking to complete strangers and smiling at them daily! oh I love that! (My degree is Mass Communications c= )
5) <3 What would people say about you on your 80th birthday? && this is where I started getting hard on myself today... mostly because I really hope I can die peacefully before I get that old. Most of my friends are 20 years older than me, and I'd be really sad on my 80th birthday without them...
6) <3 Imagine you could invite to dinner three people who have influenced you the most. Write their names & the one quality or attribute you admire most in these people.
Paul McCartney, his music and his beautifully talented photographer first wife LINDA!
Barbra Walters (I said I was a mass com major!) she has influenced me her entire life! I admire her for adopting! As I am adopted! TOO COOL!
Lady Gaga! OHHHH I would so love to have a fifteen minutes of fame interview with her! She inspires me with her song HAIR!!!
to continue the list...
Another great thing to add to this piece of paper (or multiple pieces of paper!) is a selection of quotes or sayings that evoke strong feelings or fan passionate flames within you. From doing this, you can start to see patterns around what is really important to you.
1) If you see something that moves you, and then you snap it, you keep a moment. ~Linda McCartney
2) I'm selfish, impatient, and insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control and at times, hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe
3) *On how she overcomes feeling vulnerable: “When I wake up in the morning, I feel just like any other insecure 24-year old girl. Then I say, ‘Bitch, you’re Lady Gaga, you get up and walk the walk today.’” ~ Lady Gaga
4) “Too many times we stand aside and let the waters slip away, till what we put off till tomorrow has now become today. So don't you sit upon the shoreline and say you're satisfied. Choose to chance the rapids and dare to dance the tide.” - "The River", by Garth Brooks